Compared to some of the other public television music remixes of late, like this still-amazing Bob Ross remix from the PBS Digital Studio, this video celebrating the beloved chef and TV personality Julia Child’s 100th birthday this week is a little slight concept-wise. “‘Sweet Child of Mine,’ more like,” went the pitch, I’m guessing. But it’s a great reminder of how the old brassy bird could really get things cooking when she wanted to. Talking about Axl Rose of course. Child was no slouch in the voice department either, but man, remember Guns N Roses? That one rock band from the eighties and nineties? They were good at their job too.
In the spirit of the effort put into this video, here’s a really half-assed list of things Child and Rose have in common:
1) Penchant for frilly scarves.
2) Both huge fans of butter. Shit loads of butter. “Needs more butter,” they’d both say, slathering butter all over the place.
3) Both liked to cook with spoons, if you get what I mean there (drugs is what I mean).
4) Never understood why Slash was always trying to take the credit for their work.
5) Both are long since dead to the world.