Smiley Stevens and Philippa Price, founders of Los Angeles based men’s fashion brand G.G.$. (aka GUNS. GERMS. $TEAL), are straight-up gangster, son. With a line that includes brass knuckles, lighter chains, and low-rider motifs, we expected their favorite things would be unabashedly badass, and the ladies did not disappoint.
1. Wired magazine – Low key we are total nerds. Wired is where we connect with our inner science nerd.
2. Stanley Kubrick - G E N I U S. His aesthetic was perfect. Costumes perfect. Set design perfect. Lighting perfect. Cinematography perfect. Every single frame of his films were perfectly composed, you could pause his films at any moment and it would be a beautiful photograph.
3. GG$ Lighter Chain - 14 Karat Gold Lighter on a chain. What more could you ask for? And what else would you light your blunt with?
4. Teen Angeles magazines – Our friend Rick Klotz (owner of Freshjive & Warriors of Radness) gave us these amazing handwritten magazines from the 1980s. They cover all aspects of the Latino gang life subculture in LA.. poems, graffiti, photos, dedications…
5. El Caminos – Business up front. Party in the back!
6. The Chanel Gun - Two of our favorite things mixed into one. Ok, we know it’s not real, but we think it should be. Karl if you’re reading this…think about it.
7. The Lion Ring by KG&Co. Jewelry – Designed by our good homie Guillermo Andrade, who owns KG&Co Jewelry and 424 Fairfax. All his stuff is amazing. This ring is definitely our favorite.
8. GG$ Lowrider Crewneck – We love lowriders. Now we get to wear them.
9. Palmdale - Fuck Joshua Tree. WE LOVE PALMDALE. We go here on the reg…. you never know what you might find in Palmdale.
10. Marlies Dekkers Lingerie - SO HOT. Finally someone made sexy bras for girls with Double Ds…
Join the GG$ ladies tomorrow at 712 North Figueroa St. in L.A., from 7 to 11 for the launch of their holiday pop-up, feat. a performance by The Pharcyde’s Fatlip and a set from DJ Christian Rich.